Monday, February 8, 2010

Creative Writing Journal #3

Today in class we were given the assignment to write constantly for 15 minutes. Below is my stream of consciousness response to the prompt. (warning not all the leaps are logical words may be linked by some inside jokes or by stuff that happened in class, also there is no real method to punctuation this is exactly as I wrote it on the page)

Stream of consciousness river stream water anything wet slugs bullets are slugs connections odd 15 minutes thats a long time why do I connect these things together questions lots lots and lots, how come, life the universe everything 42, numbers math calculus algebra trig. triangles Julien quotes 10th grade "It cant be a triangle it only has 3 sides" Anne Gloag Romania Numa Numa, meme, pedobear panda bear Julien hates, zoo, animals food cow chicken pig bacon, magic wizard people dear reader, hagar, hardcastle Mc Cormic , Brad Neely, Sodom and Gamora salt, salted pork, lord of the rings, mordor sauron, elves, silmirilian, books, artemis fowl fairies, tinkerbell, disney, pixar, toystory, childhood amazing nemo, cars, bugs life, wall-e, up, up up and away weeeeeeeee, wii wii would like to play advertising. Superbowl commercials Saints, Catholicism, pope, eddie izzard Henry the 8th, psychotic bastard religion. Noah, ark, blank blank blank indiana jones nazis, face melting, God, bananas, tasty, potassium, Kazakhstan, Borat, bad movies, twilight, gag me, sparklepire, edward, middle name Jeb, cool name, John common, gnats, angry ticks, anus is bleeding, don hertzfeld, memes again repeating myself why, out of ideas? no just repeating something new.... blank tokamac, fusion, starwars bad screenplay epic, R2D2, C3PO, HK47, meatbags! droid, android, google, drone, me, voice, email, talk, docs, sites, checkout. money I hate stopping to put money back in my wallet I feel like I'm blocking the next person. pockets, lord of the rings, hobbit repeating again... blank blank cramp, arm hurts ouch writers cramp sucks ledgible? can someone else read this. I can its sloppier than normal b/c my hand hears. abbreviations w/o w/ note taking. that hurts too. blank. coding, C/C++ increment decrement electronics board driver station, IO board cypress documentation rorshach, watchmen comics, Dilbert, sneeze gesundheit German nazis indiana jones repeating, pi, phi, e irrational sqrt(2)...

Thats the end of 15 minutes of constant thought. I may post an annotated version to explain how I made each leap to a new topic later.

3 comments:

  1. I still don't see how people could get confused on any of these transitions, they seem pretty self-explanatory to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized thats how your mind worked. I wonder if pscologists let their patients write in stream of consiosness also, to explore the workings of their minds...hmmmm...
    Then of course, what you write down doesn't really reflect what you were thinking, it merely reflects what you chose to write down in response to a prompt. Anyways, interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this is more authentic than most of the ones we heard in class because you focused on specific snippets/words rather than sentences. This is a very telling exercize.

    ReplyDelete